The Greater Victoria Housing Society (GVHS) is renewing and transforming its Townley Lodge property into a vibrant community of affordable housing units, and establishing a new GVHS standard for functionality, energy efficiency, social interaction, and wellness.
The new Townley Place will strive for social, environmental, and economic sustainability outcomes aligned with both GVHS and the District of Saanich policy objectives. The project will include contemporary planning principles of increased density and street vitality, and sustainable design features, such as walkability, age diversity, health and wellness, food gardens, water conservation, solar orientation, natural ventilation, and energy efficiency.
- 3 & 4-storey seniors apartment building
- 27 One-bedroom units
- 24 Studio units
- Common room, laundry on each floor, individual storage rooms
- Designed to Passivhaus environmental performance standards
- Streetfront patio & southfacing 4th floor terrace
- 16 Family townhouses
- 11 Three-bedroom units
- 5 Four-bedroom units
- 43 Parking spaces
- 70 Bicycle parking spaces
- Gathering & seating area with gardening & pre-school play opportunities
- Internal walkway system & new sidewalk along Townley Street